Trump vs Oprah would be the most epic race in American history. MAKE THIS HAPPEN…https://t.co/sah5ckmz49
— MATT DRUDGE (@DRUDGE) March 1, 2017
WASHINGTON – Oprah Winfrey is thinking about running for President of the United States against Donald Trump. Who do you think would win?
- Oprah said she had never thought about possibly being president until Donald Trump won the job
- She believed she was unqualified and didn’t have enough raw knowledge
- ‘And now I’m thinking, “Oh! Oh!” she said’
- Oprah would be the first woman president if she were to leverage her near-universal name ID to match Trump’s political lightning moment
- She already built a successful broadcasting career on unlikely triumphs, including a ratings war that saw her beat legendary interviewer Phil Donahu
he improbable political rise of Donald Trump has led Oprah Winfrey to think about whether or not she could become the second TV entertainer to work in the Oval Office.
Oprah told Bloomberg interviewer David Rubenstein that before Trump won the November election, she thought she was unqualified to be president.
But not anymore.
‘I actually never thought that that was – I never considered the question, even a possibility,’ she said.
But when reality-show icon Trump beat longtime politician Hillary Clinton, she said, ‘I just thought, “Oh! Oh!”‘